Friday 18 April 2014

This is the beginning.

Ex Gymnast, Ex Runner, Ex Swimmer and I have climbed Mount Kilimanjaro. All monikers I can claim and achievements I can list.
 I have been in 
peak physical fitness several times throughout my twenty one years on this planet. However in the closing stages of my third year at university, I find myself in possibly the worst physical fitness I have ever been. Gaining weight rapidly and finding myself more and more tired as the fat makes itself at home upon my body.

No I do not have a body dysmorphic disorder; I just want my body to be perfect. That last statement doesn't make sense or steer me away from having this condition. But its true I do try and strive for my body to be just so and when it is not, it leads me into these kind of moments.

The moments when I decide enough is enough. No more pizza, less booze, no cigarettes. No vices of any sort over exam period to get my body back to its former glory. My ass used to sit a lot higher than it does presently.

Magazines, celebrities and the Instagram famous make looking good seem easy, this will be a frank account of how one struggles to stay healthy during examinations, when all your body craves is caffeine, sugar, grease and wine to block it all out. Instead Green tea, yoga, vegetables and fruit will take precedence.

I would like to clarify, I am by no means fat. But I am harbouring a lot of fat which is just as bad if not worse than being overweight and for the majority of the population they have this problem too. You may not think that you're fat, and therefore feel you do not need to exercise but you're storing it and that is just as bad. Skinny minnies can have more fat than anyone.

Today marks day one of summer change and the beginning of this lifestyle blog. Eat Clean,Train Mean,Stay Lean. This is my new mantra in the build up to summer.  During said summer I will be indulging in pastas and beers across Europe and i would like to look damn good and more importantly feel amazing whilst doing so.

Green Tea consumption: 3 Cups
Yoga: None
Squats: 50
Water: 2 bottles


Not too bad a start. Yoga begins tomorrow. I will get you back ass if its the last thing I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment