Monday 21 April 2014

Old habits die hard

Reunited with school friends at the weekend, always ends in two ways.

You either show everyone you shared embarrassing sexual education classes with, that you are now a mature  adult.

Or you do what I did and ruin any semblance of a  thought that you had grown up whilst away at university.

At the weekend I returned for a 21st and quickly flushed away any of the good I had done for my body in recent days.The bottle of wine ruined all those squats and the cigarettes, butchered my mile time. The various pints and shots did not help matters.

But that is the thing with old habits, for every eighteenth I attended in my final year of school, I would end up smoking outside, because it was something different as all the 18ths started to blend together.  At least outside you could have a decent conversation.
Alas a horrible habit of 'social smoking' began.
I am not a smoker and I identify with a large population of people who have a cigarette on occasion.

I do it purely for enjoyment,I am well aware of the horrible side effects, but then again it is onlynow and then.

Everything in moderation is fine, but I am making a stance that they will make a firm departure from my life,especially with my three peaks challenge coming up and my signing up to the London marathon tomorrow morning...

Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment